Here’s an interesting read on the Hillary Clinton‘s e-mail controversy, why it’s an important issue, and how it could end up with criminal charges. Only the “Whom will be charged” is the question.
As the author notes, Clinton partisans are betting on the Public’s ignorance in these matter and argue that the Government routinely “over-classifies” intelligence. This might be true of the difference between “classified and unclassified”, but the issue of Top-Secret information is an entirely different matter.
Most interesting points:
- After reviewing just 40 e-mails from Clinton’s trove of hidden e-mails, two should have been designated “top-secret/special intelligence” containing information from intercepted FOREIGN communications, including SOURCES and METHODS used to obtain the info.
- Revealing sources and methods puts assets at risk and provides adversaries with feedback on the weaknesses in their intelligence networks.
- The sampling suggests hundreds or thousands of such occurrences.
- U.S. intelligence agencies are angry about such security breaches
- Worse … Since top-secret info travels on entirely separate systems throughout the Federal Government, it is impossible that Clinton herself or a staffer “blithely or unknowingly” cut-and-pasted such top-secret information into an unclassified e-mail.
- It is likely that Clinton or her staff were systematically taking information from classified systems; stripping them of the proper classification markings; and sending the information out on unclassified systems!
- The above not only violates numerous federal regulations, it’s a FELONY criminal act!
- The only question then is WHO directed the cultivation of such intel in this matter. Could it have been Clinton herself?!?
- Whether Clinton was the sender or the receiver matters not. She should have recognized the violation and reported it immediately.
- Everybody with a top-secret/special-intelligence classification – including the Secretary of State obviously – receives training on recognizing and handling valuable information.
- For MONTHS, Clinton’s personal server was wholly unencrypted! Given the value of any information flowing from any SecState, almost certainly the Russians and Chinese – at the very least – were reading her correspondence during that time.
- Current SecState John Kerry acknowledged recently that simply assumes foreign intelligence services are reading all his unclassified e-mails.
- It’s difficult to dismiss that Clinton – after the scandals from the Bill administration – purposefully acted to eliminate an e-mail trail, so she decided to skirt federal records laws
So if you don’t already question Hillary Clinton’s suitability for the most powerful position in the country, you should consider how less safer we might be with her there!